Looking for your district? Click here to see which district you live in and the candidates running to represent you.
March 7, 2018:
PUC shuts down Mariner East 1 Pipeline
Pennsylvania’s Public Utility Commission on Wednesday ordered a temporary shutdown of the Mariner East 1 natural gas liquids pipeline, saying it could have a “catastrophic” effect on public safety if it leaks. More:
March 4, 2018:
Route 29 Sinkhole Remediation Project Underway
The project involves the reconstruction of a portion of Route 29 (Morehall Road) in East Whiteland Township, Chester County, to correct existing sinkhole and pavement subsidence issues. The project work area is located along Route 29 (Morehall Road) between the Pennsylvania Turnpike ramps and the intersection of North Atwater Drive/General Warren Boulevard. The intent of the project is to minimize future sinkhole problems by constructing geotechnical treatments and roadway drainage improvements to prevent surface water infiltration and provide structural support to the roadway.
- March 5 – Preparation begins with nighttime lane closures occurring on March 6 and 7 to set temporary traffic controls). The current traffic lane configuration will be maintained during AM and PM peak travel hours for this phase.
- June 8 – Stage 1 construction begins with excavating and rebuilding the northbound travel lanes while performing sinkhole remediation work and other geotechnical treatments. Only one lane of travel in each direction will remain open within the work zone. Temporary work zone messaging will be adjusted in the surrounding roadway network to communicate construction activities and expected traffic delays to the traveling public. Throughout construction, various traffic control methods will be implemented to minimize traffic congestion.
- July 2018 – Stage 2 construction begins with excavating and rebuilding the southbound travel lanes while performing sinkhole remediation work and other geotechnical treatments. Two northbound lanes will be maintained while the southbound lane will be reduced to one.
- August 31 – Traffic impact is scheduled to be completed.
On Our Watchlist
Association Health Care Plans
- President proposes expansion of the types of groups that can form an Association Health Care Plan.
SB 76 (Property Tax Independence Act)
- Tabled in 2017. Expected to come back again in 2018.
The ERCC Government Affairs Council’s mission is to identify and monitor legislative issues that impact member businesses. The GAC’s mission also includes providing education on issues and, where appropriate, advocating on behalf of members.