The Exton Region Chamber of Commerce Nonprofit Council works to enhance and contribute to the quality of life in Exton community by assisting in the growth and development of its Non-Profit Organizations. The council is compiled of different committees who meet at various times throughout the year. For more information on how to contribute, please contact the chamber office.
The Goals of the Council
- To provide opportunities for the nonprofits to network with each other,
- To assist in efforts to recruit volunteers and donations,
- To promote fundraising efforts and events,
- To facilitate collaboration between the nonprofits and local businesses,
- To enrich the business community by providing the opportunity to invest in and partner with the non-profit community,
- To enrich the nonprofit community by providing the opportunity to utilize local businesses,
- To become a strong collective voice to the community,
- And, to insure the economic vitality of the non-profit community.
Benefits of Membership for Non-Profits
- A discounted membership rate
- A free email blast to members per year
- Free Chamber mailing list once per quarter
- Exclusive networking and educational events
- Free web posting of community events, volunteer requests, and donation opportunities (Coming Soon)
Non-Profit Council Events
Annual Non-Profit Board Reception (August 17, 2017)
This is a networking event for Board Members and Executive Directors of Non-Profit Members, providing them with an opportunity to network with each other and share each other’s stories.
Non-Profit Luncheon (June 6, 2017)
One monthly ERCC luncheon will focus on Non-Profits. The speaker will be a leader in the non-profit sector, there will be opportunities for attending non-profits to set up a table and give a 1-2 minute appeal to those attending about their organization.
Non-Profit Speaker Series: In the Know for NPO’s
Interactive Educational Series focusing on the most pressing issues that the Non-profits serving the Exton Region face. Non –Profit staff, volunteers, and Board are invited to network with your peers and hear from top leaders in the industry over 4 breakfast events in 2016. This event is for individuals representing non-profit organizations and is by registration only. Held at Immaculata University on the 2nd Friday of the Quarter, attendees will participate in an interactive learning experience followed by networking. The programs for 2017 include:
- January 13– Motivating your Board
- April 7– Navigating the Potitical Landscape
- July 14– In the News
- October 13– Major Gift Cultivation
Chamber for Good
The Non-profit Council uses social media to promote volunteer opportunities throughout the year to connect members with volunteer needs.
Mixer with Shakers Event (February 24,2017)
Each year the Chamber’s “Mixer with Shakers” event brings together the business for-profit and non-profit communities to raise funds for a variety of charitable causes. The event features special guest bartenders (volunteer business leaders) who “mix it up” on behalf of their favorite charities. Attendees include Chamber members and non-members who purchase drink tickets, tip the bartenders and vote for the best cocktail…all of which result in donations to participating charity organizations.
This Council meets in the Chamber office from 3 PM to 4 PM on the fourth Tuesday of every month. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to join.
- Jen Mack
Citadel Federal Credit Union
- Joyce Cummins
Adult Care of Chester County
- Sandra Faust-Mesropian
Shoppes at Pickering Mill
- Bill Friedmann
Blue Dog Printing and Design
- Brian Gallagher
Brian’s House Enterprises
- Jennifer Hohenberger
Coldwell Banker Preffered
- Charlotte Kroft
Concordia Choral Arts
- Diana Mattingly
First Resource Bank
- Michelle Moll
- Robyn Morgan
American Helicopter Museum
- Toren Peterson
United Way of Chester County
- Richard Reigner
Lionville Community YMCA
- Jake Segal
Boy Scouts of America-CC Council
Barley Sheaf Players